Website copyrights

From: Joshua E. Richardson (jer@anshen.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 14:58:23 PST

From: "Joshua E. Richardson" <jer@anshen.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:58:23 -0800
Subject: Website copyrights

Howdy,

Can anyone provide me with a reference that provides a nuts-and-bolts
overview of copyright law in relation to web site content? More specifically,
what issues arise when portions of text from a website are copied and
pasted into a Word doc (along with references/footnotes). I'd like to dive
into this issue more in the future, but for now it would be great to have
some guidelines to work with (hopefully there's more than just, "Don't do
it!").

Thanks,
Joshua

: )