FW: Change of dates for Infopeople's New Webcast Series

From: Reynolds, Camille (creynolds@Nossaman.com)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 15:06:49 PDT

Subject: FW: Change of dates for Infopeople's New Webcast Series
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:06:49 -0700
From: "Reynolds, Camille" <creynolds@Nossaman.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Goldman, Ava [mailto:Ava_Goldman@CalPERS.CA.GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 3:01 PM
To: 'ncal-lib@ucdavis.edu'

Cross-posted.

There has been a change of dates for our NEW Infopeople Webcast Series:
Technology Tuesdays-Tips, Trends, and Tools of the Trade.

Because of budget constraints, we'll be deferring the second and third
Webcasts in the "Technology Tuesdays" series until this fall. The new
dates will be September 9 and October 14.

Tuesday, September 9, 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.
PRODUCTIVITY TECHNOLOGIES: HANDLING THE WORKLOAD WITHOUT ADDING STAFF

Remember w-a-a-a-y back when librarians were first trying to decide whether
it would be a good idea to automate circulation? Despite our misgivings we
took the plunge because automation offered a way to keep up with increasing
workload in an era when adding staff simply was not possible. Similar
conditions may well exist in your library today; this Webcast will explore
technologies designed to help us do more with the staff we have.

Tuesday, October 14, 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.
PIGGYBACK TECHNOLOGIES: GETTING THE MOST FROM THE SYSTEMS YOU ALREADY HAVE

The best technology for your library may not be a whole new system. And
when money is tight, mining your existing systems for underutilized
"nuggets" may be all the technology you can afford. This Webcast will
identify low-cost and no-cost changes and add-ons to common library systems
that will help you maximize the benefits of the technology your library
already owns.

Please adjust your calendars accordingly.

Thank you,

Linda

Linda Rodenspiel, Infopeople Project Assistant assist@infopeople.org
voice: 650-578-9685 fax: 650-349-5089 http://www.infopeople.org/

For information about the Calibk12 listserve, please
visit http://www.calibk12.info.