congratulations! (and any cyclists out there?)

From: Chris Orr (christineorr@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 22:09:26 PDT

Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:09:26 -0700
Subject: congratulations! (and any cyclists out there?)
From: Chris Orr <christineorr@mindspring.com>

Big cheers for Chronicle Books and for the Alameda Aces who are wise and
lucky enough to have a couple of our chapter board members on their teams!
We're proud of you, Lincoln and Debbie.

Since we're on the topic of extra-professional achievements, I'll confess
that I've become a bicycle nut (though not yet a full-fledged gearhead) and
finished two centuries this spring. One was 100 kilometers for the
Cinderella Classic (2,500 women in spandex!) and the other was 100 miles for
the Wine Country Century up in beautiful Sonoma County.

Now, I mention this not so much to brag, but to find out if there are any
other bicycling librarians out there who like to ride 25-50 miles on the
weekends or maybe a shorter jaunt on a weekday evening now and then. I'm
getting to know the east bay hills better, and am open to other areas within
bike or BART&bike range. Rides only get better with company.

Let me know off-list at christineorr@mindspring.com. I live in Berkeley,
near Rockridge BART.

Cheers,
Chris