Infopeople needs your help

From: Goldman, Ava (Ava_Goldman@CalPERS.CA.GOV)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 13:59:32 PDT

From: "Goldman, Ava" <Ava_Goldman@CalPERS.CA.GOV>
Subject: Infopeople needs your help
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:59:32 -0700

Cross-posted.

Infopeople needs your help in determining what training events to offer in
2003/04. Until this year, Infopeople training was restricted to technology
and technology-related topics. The California State Library, in response to
field requests and to a recommendation from the Infopeople Advisory Board,
has expanded our mandate to include any type of training needed by
California libraries. We have received dozens of suggestions for training
topics. While we would like to honor every suggestion, we have neither the
time nor resources to do so within the next grant year. Accordingly, we
have devised a survey so that you, our customers, can help us to prioritize
the most important training topics for 2003/04. The survey should take less
than ten minutes to complete.

You may choose to take the survey anonymously. However, if you supply your
name and contact information, you will be entered into our drawing for a
personal digital assistant (PDA) -- a Sony Clie. There will be a number of
lesser prizes (books, training materials) as well. Please be assured of
your privacy if you do put your name on the survey; the survey is being
administered by a professional web survey company, Infosurv, and your
individual responses will not be viewed by anyone outside of Infosurv.

The survey is located at https://www.infosurv.com/iws.html (Yes, there is
an "s" at the end of "http" -- the survey is on a secure site.) The heart
of the survey is the list of training topics, which are divided into
various broad areas. Please note that we are asking you to indicate in each
area up to three training topics that you think Infopeople should offer
this year. This does not mean that you are picking three that you
personally would like to attend, because it is unlikely that you would be
interested in all areas. Select those topics that you think would most
benefit yourself and others in your library.

Please share this message with your colleagues, and encourage them to take
the survey also.

The survey will be available through August 8, 2003.