City to County library transition

From: Goldman, Ava (Ava_Goldman@CalPERS.CA.GOV)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 12:37:54 PDT

From: "Goldman, Ava" <Ava_Goldman@CalPERS.CA.GOV>
Subject: City to County library transition
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:37:54 -0700

Hi all,
        I suggested to Kristin that I forward this question to CALIX, as
this deals primarily with public libraries (which I just did). I provided
her with the details I knew from the City to County transition in Broward
County, south Florida, in the 70s. I doubt there is much if any literature
out there. I suggested a search of Library Literature index, but I don't
know if it's still being published or whether or not it's included within
other databases. I suggested contacting public library administrators, who
would be familiar with this issue.

Ava Goldman, Senior Librarian, Planning and Research Division, California
Public Employees' Retirement System, 400 P Street, Lincoln Plaza,
Sacramento, CA 95814-5345, 916-658-1533, fax 916-658-1279,
ava_goldman@calpers.ca.gov