[Fwd: Infopeople's webcast "Productivity Technologies"]

From: Karin Zilla (karinz@certifiedemployment.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 09:19:56 PDT

Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:19:56 -0700
From: Karin Zilla <karinz@certifiedemployment.com>
Subject: [Fwd: Infopeople's webcast "Productivity Technologies"]

I don't know how many of you already get Ava Goldman's distributions via
other sources but I'll continue to forward those that look interesting.

Karin Zilla
SLA SF Bay Region Chapter
Networking Chair

attached mail follows:

From: "Goldman, Ava" <Ava_Goldman@CalPERS.CA.GOV>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:36:26 -0700

Cross-posted

Save the date! And let your friends and colleagues know about this event!

At noon on Tuesday, September 9, Infopeople will present a one-hour webcast
by Joan Frye Williams on "Productivity Technologies: Handling The Workload
Without Adding Staff."

Remember w-a-a-a-y back when librarians were first trying to decide whether
it would be a good idea to automate circulation? Despite our misgivings we
took the plunge because automation offered a way to keep up with increasing
workload in an era when adding staff simply was not possible. Similar
conditions may well exist in your library today; this webcast will explore
technologies designed to help us do more with the staff we have.

The webcast will last approximately an hour. There is no charge for
Infopeople webcasts.

For more information and to participate in the September 9 webcast go to
http://www.infopeople.org/training/webcasts/9-9-03_productivity.html

"Productivity Technologies: Handling The Workload Without Adding Staff"
September 9, 2003 Noon - 1pm

Note: This is the second event in the "Technology Tuesdays" series. The
first, "Convenience Technologies," is archived and available on the
Infopeople website at
http://infopeople.org/training/webcasts/archived.html. The third
Technology Tuesday is scheduled for Tuesday, October 14, from noon to 1 PM.