RE: SLA-SF: Stanford hosting September 10th MLA Health Informatio n Literacy tele

From: Goldman, Ava (Ava_Goldman@CalPERS.CA.GOV)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 10:44:10 PDT

From: "Goldman, Ava" <Ava_Goldman@CalPERS.CA.GOV>
Subject: RE: SLA-SF: Stanford hosting September 10th MLA Health Informatio n Literacy tele
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:44:10 -0700

Eris,
        I need rigt away, if possible, a list of websites that are good for
answering fairly simple health questions (for CalPERS employers). Example:
differences between generic and other drugs, where to find information on
employee wellness programs, etcetera.
        Can you assist? A lot of the sites I use have the best information
available only to members, such as IFEBP or EBRI. I wanted to exclude those
sites and have ones that are usefl to the general public.
        I've given some possibilities to the requester. I use Factiva and
State library databases, too, to answer health-related questions, but I'm
assuming employers can't access them. Thanks!

Ava Goldman, Senior Librarian, Planning and Research Division, California
Public Employees' Retirement System, 400 P Street, Lincoln Plaza,
Sacramento, CA 95814-5345, 916-658-1533, fax 916-658-1279,
ava_goldman@calpers.ca.gov