Fwd: MCN 2003

From: Trudy Levy (t.levy@dig-mar.com)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 23:44:50 PDT

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:44:50 -0700
From: Trudy Levy <t.levy@dig-mar.com>
Subject: Fwd: MCN 2003

Fwd: MCN 2003
Amalyah has asked me to pass this on to you.
There will be some great "Tech" sessions and its in Vegas?

Museum Computer Network November 5 - 8
It is our pleasure to invite you to attend the 31st annual meeting of the Museum Computer Network. MCN2003: ìBalancing Museum Technology and Transformationî takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada from November 5 through the 8th.

Workshops, Sessions and More
Register online at
www.mcn.edu to participate in four days of workshops, sessions and free-form discussions delving into every aspect of cultural heritage information management. Whether youre trying to develop an Intellectual Property policy for your institution, learn about the latest imaging technology from industry leaders, or explore the possibilities of building integrated library/museum/archival systems, this is the place to be. The MCN meeting is where museum technologists go to get the information they need and build the bridges they want to other professionals in the cultural heritage arena. Learn about the new technologies available and then see them in our tightly-focused Exhibition Hall.

Balancing Museum Technology and Transformation
As a challenging economic year for all, especially those of us in the museum and cultural heritage sector draws to a close, we want you to join us in looking ahead to a brighter future. In keeping with our theme weve asked our contributors to look at how the technology were busy implementing is changing the way we work, how our institutions are being transformed by those technologies and how that transformation can be managed. Were offering a program that is both diverse and comprehensive.
Go Off the Wall and Online, too
We know travel budgets are tight so weve teamed up with the Northeast Document Conservation Center (NEDCC) to offer something special: MCN 2003 is immediately preceded by the NEDCCs
ìOff the Wall and Onlineî workshop. If youre planning to attend the NEDCC workshop, you can get MCN member rates for the MCN meeting.
Register Online
You can learn all about the program and more on the MCN website, including information on sessions, presenters, workshops, travel and lodging.
And for the first time, you can register for the MCN meeting online using our
secure form.
-----------------------------
Early registration for MCN 2003 in Las Vegas, Nevada has been extended for dual registrants of the Northeast Document Conservation Center and the Museum Computer Network meetings. November 3 - 8, 2003.

November 3 and 4th, 2003: The Northeast Document Conservation Center (NEDCC) presents
"Off the Wall and Online" a two day workshop in advance of the MCN meeting.
While you may be unfamiliar with the NEDCC, you probably ARE familiar with their well-known workshop "School For Scanning." The "School" has been active for the better part of a decade, drawing rave reviews and large attendance in venues throughout North and Latin America, most recently at the Getty Museum in Los Angeles.
"Off the Wall" carries NEDCC's tradition of well-crafted, very high quality workshops into the realm of web development for cultural heritage institutions. With a stellar faculty and joint reception with MCN on the evening of November 4, this is a terrific opportunity to take in a great workshop in a great setting
-- and then keep on going: The Museum Computer Network will offer dual attendees of these conferences Member discounts on registration for the MCN meeting - a savings of $125 for non-members and $50 for members of MCN.
To take advantage of this offer, you should register for "Off the Wall and Online," at
http://www.nedcc.org/owolnv/owol1.htm.
Then go to
www.mcn.edu/Mcn2003/index.html and register on our secure form -- indicating that you have registered for both meetings.

 amalyah keshet
head of image resources & copyright management
the israel museum, jerusalem
www.imj.org.il
board of directors, the museum computer network   www.mcn.edu

--
Sincerely,
Trudy Levy

Principal, Image Integration/DIG-mar.com
415 750 1274    http://www.DIG-Mar.com
Membership Chair, Visual Resources Association
<http://vraweb.org>
Images are information - Manage them