Re: diversity award

From: erisw@sonic.net
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 10:16:58 PST

Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:16:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: diversity award
From: <erisw@sonic.net>

>>> Applicants must be a member of a population group that is under
>>> represented in SLA.

And how do we find out what groups these might be? Is there demographic
data of the membership listed somewhere I haven't found? Does
under-represented mean there are fewer members of this group in SLA than
there are in the profession as a whole, or fewer members of this group in
the profession compared to their proportion of the total population? Are
loud-mouthed white trash lesbians under-represented??? >:-)

Eris, who is feeling ornery this morning and hopes no one takes her TOO
seriously