RE: SLA-SF: SFPL Firm Library Cards

From: Library (Library@KVN.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 16:30:26 PDT

From: Library <Library@KVN.com>
Subject: RE: SLA-SF: SFPL Firm Library Cards
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:30:26 -0700

No, Michele, yours is the only reply I've gotten from SLA, although I did
speak to Mark Mackler at a law librarians meeting and we were talking about
contacting the SFPL. I think it will be more productive if SLA and NOCALL
and other library organizations can work together and say, hey, we represent
500 (?) firms cummulatively and what if we got our firms to get firm cards?
You'd think the SFPL would want the money and I *KNOW* librarians would
prefer not to use their personal library cards to borrow or use the
member-only library sites.

I'll keep you abreast of what Mark and I come up with and let's see if we
can get this policy changed.

Paula