Help from a Geography librarian...

From: Reynolds, Camille (CReynolds@Nossaman.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 12:42:53 PDT

Subject: Help from a Geography librarian...
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:42:53 -0700
From: "Reynolds, Camille" <CReynolds@Nossaman.com>

Apologies for cross-posting.

I'm trying find a resource which will calculate the radius distance from an specific address. We are trying to determine if two addresses are within a 35 mile radius of each other. Mapping services like mapquest etc. won't work because it calculates the distance via roads not the true distance "as the crow flys".

I've checked the Librarian's index to the internet, my local public library and the USGS and Census Bureau's websites and searched the Stumpers archives but am not sure if I'm even using the right terminology in searching for this as I'm way out of my normal area of expertise. And of course this is a "needed it yesterday" assignment.

Any suggestions or guidance are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Camille D. Reynolds, MLS
Librarian

Nossaman Guthner Knox & Elliott LLP
50 California St. 34th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
Direct: 415-438-7207
Fax: 415-398-2438
Sacramento Direct: 916-930-7710

PLEASE NOTE: The information in this e-mail is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose this message or any information contained in it to anyone. Please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message. Thank you.