RE: SLA-SF: WC: Kevin Kelly's Cool Tools

From: Michele McGinnis (mm@kk.org)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 17:05:13 PDT

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:05:13 -0700
From: Michele McGinnis <mm@kk.org>
Subject: RE: SLA-SF: WC: Kevin Kelly's Cool Tools

I'm a bit embarrassed by my forthcoming enthusiasm, but i'm reading
my first "oprah" book and i LOVE it. "White Oleander" I can't put it
down. It strikes every chord in me - girly (eek!), sexy, poetic,
deep, philosophical, heartbreaking, honest. The main character is so
brutally honest and contradictory and jaded and hopeful and the
writing - i would never be able to form such beautiful, powerful
words. I could go on and on but clearly, i'm not a well versed book
reviewer...

i'd love to hear from anyone who read it, loved it, hated it,
whatever. for some reason this book completely unmoors me.