Re: SLA-SF: Professional Development Workshop - please distributewidely

From: Debbie Sommer (dsommer@chcf.org)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 14:39:13 PDT

Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:39:13 -0700
From: "Debbie Sommer" <dsommer@chcf.org>
Subject: Re: SLA-SF: Professional Development Workshop - please distributewidely

Karin--

This looks like a great workshop * do you know how soon I'd need to reserve space by? I've got to decide how much I can do during that week * I'll be exhibiting at CLA, then travelling on to Internet Librarian from there. Any chance I'll see you at either of those events?

Hope you're doing well.....djs

>>> karinz@certifiedemployment.com 10/6/2004 2:38:50 PM >>>

The SF Bay Region Chapter of the Special Libraries Association and BayNet
Present:

Update Your Web Research Skills
With Mary Ellen Bates

A professional development half-day workshop
November 12, 2004, 8:30 - 12:30

Join Mary Ellen Bates for a lively half-day workshop designed to hone your
web research skills, open your eyes to new search techniques and tools, and
get you thinking about new ways to approach online and web research.

  In this fast-paced three-hour workshop, Mary Ellen will cover:

  © 45 Tips in 60 Minutes: a variety of search tricks, cool tools and new
resources to help you work more efficiently.

  © Using the Opaque Web for Competitive Intelligence Research: a session
not just for CI professionals, but for anyone who needs to dig up hidden
information on companies and industries.

  © A New Look at Search Engines: where we review the best known and
not-so-well-known search engines to identify the best resources for today's
research needs.

  Breakfast, including the famous Pacific Energy Center Bread Pudding, will
be served from 8:30 - 9:30. Program from 9:30 * 12:30.

  Cost: $30, SLA and/or Baynet members, $40 non-members, $15 students,
retired or unemployed. Make out checks to SLA SF Region Chapter.

DEADLINE FOR RESERVATIONS: NOVEMBER 5, 2004

Where: Pacific Energy Center 851 Howard Street San Francisco, CA 94103
When: Friday, November 12, 2004 BART: Powell St. Station. The Energy
Center is located between 4th and 5th on Howard.

"----------------------------Detach and Mail this portion with your
Check---------------------
Mail your reservations by November 5, 2004 to:

Alev Akman
VERC
Petrucci Library,
2360 E. Barstow Ave. M/S VR89