Archivist needed

From: Joshua E. Richardson (jer@anshen.com)
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 09:01:49 PST

Subject: Archivist needed
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:01:49 -0800
From: "Joshua E. Richardson" <jer@anshen.com>

Hi everyone,

Hope you all survived (surviving?) election night. : ) My firm,
Anshen+Allen, recently got our hands on some valuable/delicate drawings
that we would like to have duplicated and scanned. I'm including the
specifics below. Can any of you recommend a particular person you know
that would be good for this project? We would be interested in getting
cost estimates.

your resources in the library world for a formal archivist to consult
with us to help in duplicating and formally archiving a set of original
blue prints for an early project by Anshen and Allen. The materials are
approximately 17" x 30" and are actual blue prints which are rolled and
not in the best shape. They are from 1939 and we would like them to be
duplicated and scanned (black & white or blue print duplicate) in which
ever process represents the original form best. There are about 10 blue
prints and a few trace sheets that we would like to have processed. We
would like two duplicate sets produced and a scanned/digital version
created in the same effort. I am authorizing you to spend some time in
researching and locating the optimal resource to help in this effort.
This person or organization that you find should preferrably be able to
assist or provide the necessary skills and abilities to actually
duplicate, digitize, and help preserve the originals as best as
possible."

Thanks!

-Joshua