FYI: 2005 Margaret McKinley Memorial Student Scholarship Essay Competition

From: Reynolds, Camille (CReynolds@Nossaman.com)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 12:39:16 PST

Subject: FYI: 2005 Margaret McKinley Memorial Student Scholarship Essay  Competition
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:39:16 -0800
From: "Reynolds, Camille" <CReynolds@Nossaman.com>

Students,

See below scholarship opportunity to attend 2005 ASIST Conference,
forwarded by the Academic Relations Committee.

>Subject: 2005 Margaret McKinley Memorial Student Scholarship Essay
> Competition
>From: "SuHui Ho" <SuHui@library.ucsd.edu>
>Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:03:03 -0800
>
>LACASIS Los Angeles Chapter of ASIST announces the
>
>2005 Margaret McKinley Memorial
>Student Scholarship Essay Competition
>
>The Los Angeles Chapter of the American Society for Information Science

>and Technology (LACASIS) is sponsoring the Fourteenth Annual Student
>Scholarship Essay Competition. This Competition, first established in
>1992, and renamed in memory of the late Margaret McKinley in 1993, is
>intended to encourage students in Librarianship and Information Science

>Programs to consider the benefits of participation in the activities of

>professional societies.
>
>AWARD: The winner will receive reimbursement funding up to US $1,000
>for registration, airfare, and hotel expenses to attend the ASIST 2005
>Annual Meeting, "Sparking Synergies: Bringing Research and Practice
>Together @ ASIST '05" and a one-year membership in ASIST. Two
>runners-up will receive one-year memberships in ASIST.
>
>ELIGIBILITY: All students enrolled in Library and Information Science
>Programs (LIS), including those graduating in spring 2005 at
>universities within the areas represented by the Los Angles Chapter of
>ASIST (Hawaii, California, Australia, and New Zealand) are eligible to
enter.

>Students enrolled in graduate programs (at universities within the
>areas represented by the Los Angles Chapter of ASIST) not identified as

>LIS programs may be eligible. Interested students in non-LIS programs
>must include in the essay submission (in addition to other essay
>requirements below), a statement explaining how the program mission
>relates to ASIST and how ASIST membership and conference attendance
would be beneficial.

>Membership in ASIST is not required to enter the Competition.
>
>TO ENTER: Compose an essay that addresses the following:
>* What specific benefits do I expect to derive from attending the

>ASIST 2005 Annual meeting?
>* How will I integrate these benefits into the start of my new
career?
>* How might LACASIS or ASIST benefit from you receiving this
>scholarship?
>
>For details about the theme of the ASIST 2005 Annual meeting, visit the

>ASIST website http://www.asis.org/
>
>Essays should not exceed 500 words or two typed, double spaced pages.
>Do not identify yourself or your school on the essay. Submit the essay

>with a separate cover sheet listing your name, address, email,
>telephone number, and school by the deadline of May 31, 2005. Essays
>may be submitted by postal mail, email, or fax to:
>
>Aura Lippincott
>UCLA Anderson School
>Rosenfeld Library
>110 Westwood Plaza, Suite E202
>Box 951460
>Los Angeles, CA 90095-1460
> [...]

Camille Reynolds, MLS
Librarian
SLA-SF Bay Region Academic Relation Committee Chair

Nossaman Guthner Knox & Elliott LLP
50 California St 34th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
Ph: 415-398-3600
Fax: 415-398-2438
Sac Direct: 916-930-7710
www.nossaman.com

PLEASE NOTE: The information in this e-mail is privileged, confidential
and protected from disclosure. If you have received this e-mail in error
or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose
this message or any information contained in it to anyone. Please notify
the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message. Thank you.