Re: SLA-SF: Looking for the definition in CFR for "boating"

From: Beth Graham (beth.graham@doj.ca.gov)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 12:15:39 PST

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:15:39 -0800
From: Beth Graham <beth.graham@doj.ca.gov>
Subject: Re: SLA-SF: Looking for the definition in CFR for "boating"

Barbara:

Have your tried looking here? http://www.gpoaccess.gov/cfr/index.html

Beth

>>> BJanis@presidiotrust.gov 03/15/05 9:23 AM >>>
CFR 36 Part 1.4 provides many definitions of terms, but not for
"boating", which we need to determine if kayaking is included (one
would
think but it needs to be spelled out). The last paragraph of this
section refers one to other volumes of the code (see below), which I
do
not have in my library. I'd appreciate any help. Many thanks. -Barbara

b) In addition to the definitions in paragraph (a), for the purpose
of the regulations contained in parts 3 and 7 of this chapter, the
definitions pertaining to navigation, navigable waters and shipping
enumerated in title 14 United States Code, title 33 Code of Federal
Regulations, title 46 Code of Federal Regulations, title 49 Code of
Federal Regulations, the Federal Boating Safety Act of 1971, and the
Inland Navigational Rules Act of 1980, shall apply for boating and
water
activities.

Barbara Janis

Library & Records Manager

Presidio Trust

34 Graham Street

San Francisco, CA 94925

Phone: 415-561-5343

Fax: 415-561-5315

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the
use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use
or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including
the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the
communication.