FW: [SALT] Brand substitutes for Jared Diamond next week

From: Vogelsang, Marlene (MxV6@pge.com)
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 13:30:36 PST

Subject: FW: [SALT] Brand substitutes for Jared Diamond next week
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:30:36 -0800
From: "Vogelsang, Marlene" <MxV6@pge.com>

Some of us at the last meeting were interested in hearing Jared
Diamond....unfortunately, it has been cancelled per below.
Go hear Steward Brand instead!
Marlene

Thanks to a scheduling mix-up (my fault), Jared Diamond is rescheduling
his April 8 Seminar About Long-term Thinking to later this year,
hopefully as soon as July 15.

Partly as penance, mostly to take advantage of the urgency, I'm going to
speak instead next Friday, April 8, 7 pm, at the Fort Mason Conference
Center in San Francisco. I've been thinking and studying about cities
for a year; this will force a crystallization of the material, much of
it graphic. The title will be "Cities & Time"
unless I come up with something better.

I'll send out a more detailed announcement next Monday. For now I
wanted you to know that Jared Diamond will not be on hand next Friday.
You're stuck with me and cities--- just at the very time that a majority
of the world's 6.1 billion people has decided to move to town.
Something is up.

                                                --Stewart Brand

--

Stewart Brand -- sb@gbn.org The Long Now Foundation - http://www.longnow.org Seminars: http://www.longnow.org/10klibrary/Seminars.htm