Wine tour endorsement

From: Chris Orr (christineorr@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 10:35:59 PDT

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:35:59 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
From: Chris Orr <christineorr@mindspring.com>
Subject: Wine tour endorsement

If you can do this tour, go for it! I cannot because I will be riding my bicycle with the Santa Rosa Cycling Club the same day, in the same area. I do this annually because it's so effing BEAUTIFUL up there this time of year. You will think you are in Italy, you will thank your stars you live in California, you will taste good food and wine and figure out just what a wine librarian collects. It's a piece of heaven. Take a friend, too!

-Chris Orr
SLA-SF President-Elect
christineorr@mindspring.com

Visual Assets Archivist
Landor Associates

NOTE: There are still seats available. Contact Eris by May 5th at erisw@sonic.net and bring your check to the bus!

                                                                         San Francisco Bay Region Chapter Programming Event
Saturday, May 7, 2005, 9:00 am ˆ 6:00 pm ˆ Sonoma County Wine tour

The SF Bay Region Chapter of the Special Libraries Association invites you to join your colleagues for a Sonoma County wine tour! Air-conditioned bus and lunch are included.

Itinerary:
9:00 AM - Meeting place TBA (probably Rockridge BART station)
10:30-11:15 - Tour Sonoma County Wine Library, Healdsburg
11:30-2:15 - Tour and lunch at Dry Creek Vineyard
2:30 ˆ 4:30 - Tour and tasting at Gallo Sonoma
6:00 P.M. - Approximate return time

Menu: Box lunches from Oakville Grocery include pasta salad, fresh fruit, mixed greens, cookie, and one of the following sandwich selections:
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken (With red pepper mayo, smoked mozzarella, arugula, & tomato on herbed focaccia)
Applewood Smoked Ham & Brie (With balsamic onion mustard, mixed greens & red onion on pumpkin seed bread)
Oakville Vegetarian (With roast tomatoes, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, feta spread, red onion, & arugula on herbed focaccia)
Cost: Members $45; Guests/non-members $50; Students, retirees, unemployed $40.

Deadline for reservations: Thursday, May 5, 2005. Contact Eris at erisw@sonic.net and bring your check to the bus!

E-Mail: _________________________ SLA Member: _____ Non-member: _____

Sandwich choice: _____Mediterranean Grilled Chicken
                            _____Applewood Smoked Ham & Brie