National and International Hospital Stats

From: Joshua E. Richardson (jer@anshen.com)
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 11:52:22 PDT

Subject: National and International Hospital Stats
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 11:52:22 -0700
From: "Joshua E. Richardson" <jer@anshen.com>

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to track down projected hospital construction costs in the US
and worldwide for 2005 and beyond. So far my research has brought up
mentions in various articles but nothing I can confirm via the free web.
Any suggestions of resources are much appreciated. I may just have to
advise my patron that this'll cost him some.

I've tried these sites and contacted these organizations for national:

* AHA (free website) and AHA Resource Center
* US Census Construction
* US Dept. of Commerce
* Bureau of Economic Analysis
* Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS)
* Reed Business Info (free website)
* Dodge Reports (free website)
* Modern Healthcare (2004/2005 construction surveys and "By the
Numbers" as well as their researcher)
* Building Design & Construction (claims sector is $36 billion in
2005 without citating source)
* SFPL article searches
* Various articles from Google, Yahoo!, etc. that reference the
above sites

...and for international:

* World Health Organization
* International Federation of Hospitals