SLA Call for Volunteers

From: Chris Orr (christineorr@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 10:32:02 PDT

Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 10:32:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
From: Chris Orr <christineorr@mindspring.com>
Subject: SLA Call for Volunteers

Hello SLA members,

Come join us! As President-Elect, I'm gearing up to step into the President role in June. I need your help to keep our chapter strong and valuable to its members. We have over twenty committees working within our chapter, from Archives to Web, and everything in-between.

Right now, there are openings for leaders of the following four committees:

*Hospitality (East Bay Co-Chair)
*Academic Relations (Chair)
*Professional Development (Chair)
*Web Site (Chair)

Committee Chairs meet with the executive Board as part of the Chapter Advisory Council three times a year. Job descriptions can be downloaded at
http://www.sla.org/chapter/csfo/chapterleadership/procedures/procedures.html

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about these committees.
We're also open to sharing leadership--consider co-chairing with a colleague.

We have a wonderful chapter full of many talented members and a noteworthy
history of programs, parties and professional development. I love that we
know how to mix work and play, how we continue to contribute to the success
of our clients, employers and each other. Please consider leading a
committee to plan our chapter's services, activities and events. We'll
support you every step of the way.

I'll keep you posted on openings. Contact me to find out how to get involved
at any level.

Best regards,
Chris Orr
SLA SF Chapter President-Elect