Re: SLA-SF: SLA Call for Volunteers

From: Heather L Gamberg (buckleyfan@juno.com)
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 11:30:30 PDT

Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 11:30:30 -0700
Subject: Re: SLA-SF: SLA Call for Volunteers
From: Heather L Gamberg <buckleyfan@juno.com>

Hi Chris. I know I'm taking on the co-editor position of Bayline in
September, but I might be interested in working on the academic relations
or web site committees. As someone going to school and working full time
(well, when I get my next job, that is), it might be better if I were a
co-chair. So if you have anyone interested in sharing responsibilities
for one of these committees, let me know.

Another FYI, Dunn gave me a hard drive and monitor that are supposed to
be used for Bayline. But she uses her own computer and I would be
inclined to use my own as well, so the computer is available if another
committee needs it. Right now, it's just sitting downstairs with my
other, older computer (not the one I use currently) and I hope to not
have to lug it around with me for 4 years (or however long it is that I
will be co-editing and editing Bayline). It's not a huge deal, but I just
thought the computer might be useful to someone. If we were to purchase
another computer for Bayline, I would recommend a laptop.

OK, that's enough for now. Let me know what you think...

Thanks,
Heather

On Thu, 5 May 2005 10:32:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00) Chris Orr
<christineorr@mindspring.com> writes:
> Hello SLA members,
>
> Come join us! As President-Elect, I'm gearing up to step into the
> President role in June. I need your help to keep our chapter strong
> and valuable to its members. We have over twenty committees working
> within our chapter, from Archives to Web, and everything in-between.
>

> Right now, there are openings for leaders of the following four
> committees:
>
> *Hospitality (East Bay Co-Chair)
> *Academic Relations (Chair)
> *Professional Development (Chair)
> *Web Site (Chair)
>
> Committee Chairs meet with the executive Board as part of the
> Chapter Advisory Council three times a year. Job descriptions can be
> downloaded at

http://www.sla.org/chapter/csfo/chapterleadership/procedures/procedures.h
tml