New Online Community for LIS Professionals

From: Stuart Urwin (stuart.urwin@isim.org)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 00:56:18 PDT

From: "Stuart Urwin" <stuart.urwin@isim.org>
Subject: New Online Community for LIS Professionals
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:56:18 +0200

Dear List Moderator,

I would be grateful if you could post this message for
members of your list.

Kind regards,

Stuart Urwin
ISIM
http://www.informationcity.com

Dear Colleagues,

Brand New Global Online Community for Library and
Information Professionals

We have developed a new Online Community for Library and
Information Professionals, which is being launched right now.

And it costs you nothing.

This is what it offers you:

* Helps you build your network of professional and personal
contacts - on a global basis

* Helps you improve your professional competence and skills

* Brings you valuable help and advice from fellow professionals

* Keeps you up to date with the latest LIS news and comment,
bringing together 25 LIS feeds in one convenient place

* Helps you organize your essential daily activities

* And even lets you have some FUN

These are some of the features you get at
http://www.informationcity.com:

* Discussion forums
* Your own blog
* Instant messaging
* Your own website
* Webmail account
* Your own electronic Briefcase
* Your own calendar
* Ecards
* Over 200 newsfeeds
* Open Directory on your desktop
* Free newsletters and content
* Product Finder
* Photo Albums and Galleries
* Create your own clubs (upgrade)
* Shopping (coming soon) .....

and much more. In fact, too much to list here.

There is something of value here for everybody in the profession,
including students.

This is what one of our first members (The Manager of a Library
and Information Services Dept. in a major professional body)
said in an unsolicited message:

"Dear Stuart,
Can I add my own congratulations on a fascinating site. Strong on
the 'hard' content, but with the unique feature of making it about
people not just issues - you feel you are at a meeting or conference
with fellow delegates rather than just viewing a disembodied 'flat'
email list.

I forsee great things for it, and look forward to it becoming the
premier forum for LIS professionals world-wide.

Great initiative, Caroline"

You can find out more - and join - at