SLA-SF 10/11 Program -- Last Chance to Register

From: kobayavi@wellsfargo.com
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 10:33:35 PDT

Subject: SLA-SF 10/11 Program -- Last Chance to Register
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:33:35 -0500
From: <kobayavi@wellsfargo.com>

There's still time to register for tomorrow night's dinner meeting! We'll be honoring Rita Evans and will hear from Marc Strohlein from Outsell, Inc.
To sign up, contact Daniel Scott Angel at daniel.angel@krames.com or danielscottangel@yahoo.com

Hope to see you there!

Vivian Kobayashi // Chapter Program Chair
Wells Fargo Technical Library A0186-010
T. 415/243-6361 F. 415/977-9333

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose,or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

SAN FRANCISCO BAY REGION CHAPTER PROGRAM EVENT
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - Elephant & Castle Pub and Restaurant, San Francisco

The SF Bay Region Chapter of SLA invites you to join your colleagues for dinner and the following program:
New Technology in Libraries - What's Working, What's Not Working... What Can We Learn from the Early Adopters?
RSS...XML feeds, RFID, LMS, iPods for e-learning, wikis, Open Source, blogs, federated search... it's alphabet soup and more!
Marc Strohlein, VP and Lead Analyst at Outsell Inc. will share his observations and forecasts on new and emerging technologies that are utilized in libraries. Based on his opportunities to see and work with implementations at various types of libraries, he will speak about what's working, what's not working, considerations before implementing new technologies and lessons learned from successful and not-so-successful .
Founded in 1994, Outsell helps publishers, commercial information providers, and content software technology vendors identify, maintain, and grow markets and revenue streams.

Chapter Professional Achievement Award
We'll also honor SLA member Rita Evans by presenting her with our annual Chapter Professional Achievement Award. Rita has been active in our chapter for just shy of 20 years, both on the podium as President (1997-1998) and behind-the-scenes on countless committees. The chapter is proud to welcome her to this meeting to accept our thanks for all her contributions.
Location: Elephant & Castle Pub and Restaurant, 424 Clay St., San Francisco, CA 94111, at the corner of Clay and Battery. Telephone: (415) 268-3900.
BART/MUNI
Exit at the Montgomery BART/MUNI station. Head east on Montgomery St. for 7 blocks. Turn right on Clay St.
Driving Directions
To San Francisco from the East Bay:
Take the Bay Bridge to San Francisco. Take the FREMONT ST off-ramp toward EMBARCADERO. FREMONT ST becomes FRONT ST. Turn left on PINE St then turn right on SANSOME ST. Turn right on CLAY. The address is 424 CLAY ST. N.B. The Harrison St. ramp is closed due to the Seismic Retrofit Project. Check www.511.org for updated information on Bay Bridge ramp and lane closures and routings.
From 101 South:
Take 101 North towards San Francisco. Take the I-280 exit toward PORT of SF. Take the left ramp onto KING St. Turn left on 3RD ST. 3RD ST becomes KEARNY ST. Take a right on CLAY ST. The address is 424 CLAY ST.
Parking
There is street parking in the area as well as the Embarcadero Center garages.
Agenda
5:30-6:30 p.m. Social Hour/No-host bar (upstairs in the pub) Appetizers will be available; 6:30-7:30 p.m. Dinner; 7:30-8:30 p.m. Program
Menu - Buffet
Tossed green salad, garlic mashed potatoes, seasonal fresh vegetables, Vegetarian Pasta or Roast Tenderloin Beef. Dessert includes cookies, dessert bars, bread pudding and fresh fruit.
Cost
Members $35; Guests/non-members $40; Students, retirees, unemployed $18; program only $5
Detach and Mail this portion with your check
Mail your reservations by October 7, 2005 to:
Daniel Scott Angel Ph.D., MLIS, Research Director, Krames Health Science Library
1100 Grundy Lane, San Bruno, CA 94066
SLA Member: Yes_____ No_____
Check enclosed for $______ (Checks payable to SF Bay Region Chapter, SLA)