digitization results (student research question)

From: Eddy, Allyson (Allyson_Eddy@sfo.landor.com)
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 10:11:31 PST

Subject: digitization results (student research question)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:11:31 -0800
From: "Eddy, Allyson" <Allyson_Eddy@sfo.landor.com>

*Cross-posted*

Hi everyone,
I posted a request for some research help a while back -- which I received from many people, thank you!, and have one more question for the list. :)
I'm looking for ROI-type results for digitization projects. If project goals are to increase access to collections, increase visitors to a museum or library, reduce handling of originals, etc., how is the success of those goals measured? Is it measured?

I can't find this info in either individual case studies or large surveys. Anyone know of research that's been done on the success/ROI of digitization?

Thanks again!!!
-Allyson