Google Librarian

From: Ailya (speciallibrarian@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Feb 03 2006 - 15:21:23 PST

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:21:23 -0800 (PST)
From: Ailya <speciallibrarian@mindspring.com>
Subject: Google Librarian

I hadn't seen any discussion of this on the List so thought I
would share ...

Google now has a newsletter for librarians.
http://www.google.com/newsletter/librarian/librarian_2005_12/newsletter.html

As the newsletter’s editor, Jodi Healy, said in the inaugural
issue:

"This newsletter was conceived at the 2005 ALA conference in
Chicago, where Google hosted a booth in the exhibit hall. We spent
three days chatting with librarians about Google: what you liked,
what you didn't like, and where you saw opportunities to work
together to help people find useful, relevant information.

In an effort to keep those conversations going, we're launching
this newsletter. Consider it a first step toward what we hope will
be a long and mutually beneficial relationship. We anticipate
sending it out quarterly, with the occasional special feature as
appropriate."

Ailya Rose