RE: SLA-SF: [Fwd: EPA Set to Close Library Network and Electronic Catalog]

From: Chris Orr (christineorr@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 13:46:20 PST

Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:46:20 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
From: Chris Orr <christineorr@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: SLA-SF: [Fwd: EPA Set to Close Library Network and Electronic Catalog]

Saundra,
I like this idea. Are you (or anyone on the list) willing/able to draft something? Our chapter's Executive Board meets on Feb 28th. By then, there may be more news on the Congressional will to resist (or not) the proposed Bush cuts. It would be great to have a draft of a pointed response to those you name. I would gladly put that on the agenda.

It's also a good time to check in about this with Doug Newcomb, SLA's Public Policy Director. I will do so today and let the list know what I hear.

Chris Orr
SLA-SF President