Re: Afterimage,

From: On-line Snack discussion (snaktalk)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 18:29:14 PDT

Your brain gets the information on what you are seeing from the retina.
Everything you cite supports the conclusion that the afterimage was
burned on your retina as much as it supports that it was recorded in
your brain. Consider this line from the Snack: Negative afterimages do
not transfer from one eye to the other. This indicates that they are
produced on the retina, and not in the visual cortex of the
brain where the signals would have been fused together.

Nina Thayer
Snacktalk Moderator