Re: charge and carry

From: On-line Snack discussion (snaktalk@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 10:59:59 PST

The experiment notes that it will be difficult to see the charge unless
the room is darkened.

According to the snack directions with the neon tube/lamp, you:
You can also discharge the pie pan through a neon glow tube. Hold one of
the two metal leads of the tube in your fingers and touch the other lead
to the pie pan.

You just touch it to the pie pan. No need to attach it.

Let me know how it goes.
Deb

Deb Hunt
Snacktalk Moderator