MORE Scientific/Technical Journals Free to a Good Home!

From: cliff.mills@philips.com
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 10:43:32 PDT

From: cliff.mills@philips.com
Subject: MORE Scientific/Technical Journals Free to a Good Home!
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:43:32 -0700

To Whom It May Concern:

Due to overwhelming response, all the journals on my earlier list have
already been claimed. Below is a list of other titles which are
available.

Due to an imminent building closure, I have find new homes for some
sci/tech journals that have long been in storage. These materials were
part of the Philips Signetics Library, which was closed in Sunnyvale in
1991. In December 2000, these items were moved to San Jose, where they
have remained boxed. All of these items are duplications of what is
already available in our collection. Philips Semiconductors would prefer
to donate these duplicate materials to an academic, technical, or
corporate library, rather than being sold or dumped. Our Facilities
Department wants to clear our storage area by 5 p.m., Friday, November 1.

If you want any of these titles, please contact me asap to arrange for
pickup. Items must be picked up during regular business hours, 8 a.m. - 5
p.m., Monday through Friday. I would prefer not to break up any sets, if
possible. The materials are all located in San Jose, at 1240 McKay Drive,
about two miles east of the San Jose Airport. Not all sets are complete,
but most issues are in good condition and some volumes have been bound.
The volumes which are bound are stamped "Signetics."

The titles available are listed below with their respective years and
approximate number of boxes. In some cases, partially-filled boxes can be
combined.

Electronics Letters, 1977-1991, 1 box
Extended Abstracts of the Electrochemical Society, 1968-1990, 4 boxes
IBM Journal of Research and Development, 1961-1990, 2 boxes
IBM Systems Journal, 1968-1987, 1 box
IEEE Solid State Journal, 1974-1981, 1 box
IEEE Transactions on Circuit Theory, 1966-1974, 1 box
IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 1975-1991, 2 boxes
Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 1984-1991, 3 boxes
Journal of Electronic Materials, 1973-1990, 2 boxes
Journal of Physics C: Solid State Physics, 1974-1988 (incomplete), 8 boxes
Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 1974-1991 (incomplete), 5 boxes
Journal of Polymer Science, 1985-1989, 1 box
Microelectronics and Reliability, 1980-1991, 2 boxes

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thanks!

Cliff

Cliff Mills, Manager Phone: (408)
474-5479
Information Resource Center Fax: (408) 474-5575
Philips Semiconductors Intranet:
pww.sjo.sc.philips.com/InformationResource/index.html
1109 McKay Drive, Mailstop 20SJ E-mail: cliff.mills@philips.com
San Jose, California 95131 Send requests to :
library@philips.com