RE: SLA-SF: [Fwd: USA PATRIOT Act Resolutions of State Library A ssociations, fromA LA]

From: Bonnie Willdorf (willdorf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 13:35:08 PST

From: "Bonnie Willdorf" <willdorf@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: SLA-SF: [Fwd: USA PATRIOT Act Resolutions of State Library  A	ssociations, fromA  LA]
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:35:08 -0800

RE: SLA-SF: [Fwd: USA PATRIOT Act Resolutions of State Library Associations,
fromA LA]I hate to sound like an unreconstructed Marxist, but it's no
surprise that a public library organization is in the forefront of this
struggle, while a library association that represents many folks who depend
on large corporations for their employment, has different interests and
not-so-progressive or civil-liberties-minded politics.

It seems like individuals are going to be powerless in this situation, and
the only possibility for action on the part of Headquarters would be as a
result of group action at the Annual Conference. Unfortunately I'm not
attending. There must be those out there who think like we do. The phones
in DC are totally jammed today.

Bonnie Willdorf
willdorf@ix.netcom.com