Professional Development

From: Karin Zilla (karinz@certifiedemployment.com)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 13:54:05 PDT

From: "Karin Zilla" <karinz@certifiedemployment.com>
Subject: Professional Development
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:54:05 -0700

Hi everyone,

I am the incoming Chair of the Professional Development Committee and I want
to let you know that the coming year could bring some exciting programs.
For instance, use this link to look at the SLA page describing virtual
workshops for career development and education:
http://www.sla.org/content/learn/learnmore/index.cfm Remember last Spring
when we had to pass on a good workshop because of the lack of a location? I
think I have a contact location for virtual programs that can accommodate
about 20 people. Look over the programs in the future (sorry, I can't
organize a July or August program but someone else could :-)) and think
about what you would like to participate in and let me know. Let's see if
we can get at least 20 people who would pay less than $10 each to share in a
workshop. Of course the cost goes up with fewer people.

The Professional Development Committee has some wonderful returning members
but we could use some new hands. We are planning a meeting on July 21,
Wednesday after work, location to be decided. Join the group and get to
know a great bunch of librarians. There are only two meetings, one in the
Fall in one in the Spring. My predecessor, Linda Vida, tells me that
getting ready for each meeting may only involve a couple of hours a month.
After the initial get together we'll do everything electronically and by
phone. I'm eager to hear from you. And remember, if you can't join the
committee we still would love your ideas for programs.

Karin Zilla, Manager
Information Management Services
Certified Employment Group
415-433-3600