RE: SLA-SF: Libraries in the Mall

From: Karin Zilla (karinz@certifiedemployment.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 12:02:42 PDT

From: "Karin Zilla" <karinz@certifiedemployment.com>
Subject: RE: SLA-SF: Libraries in the Mall
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:02:42 -0700

Back in "the day" when I lived in the D.C. area (mid-80's) the Fairfax
County library put small library branches in a couple of new malls. Of
course there were no computer/internet stations then but they did have
automated catalogs and circulation. They had tables and chairs for reading
and small collections of approximately 1000-2000 books, journals, reference
materials, etc. We thought at the time that it was quite a novel idea.
Little did we know how prescient the county was.

Karin