Re: SLA-SF: Libraries in the Mall

From: Jennifer Bodley (Jennifer.Bodley@mossadams.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 12:04:39 PDT

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:04:39 -0700
From: "Jennifer Bodley" <Jennifer.Bodley@mossadams.com>
Subject: Re: SLA-SF: Libraries in the Mall

I live in Seattle, and primarily go to the Seattle Public Library. I
hadn't heard about the King County Library System having libraries in
malls. Thanks for the article! Personally, I love the idea. I lived
in Birmingham, AL for five years where they had a branch in a mall
nearby my house. That branch has been at that location for 22 years.
It was very convenient, and I believe it had pretty good usage.
Apparently the mall has fallen on hard times and the library is planning
to move to where else? Yet another mall location! Here is the story
(you may have to put in a zip code to get to the story):

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/east.ssf?/base/community/1090403481139950.xml

Jennifer Bodley, MLIS
Moss Adams Research Services
Seattle, WA 98154
tel: 206-332-8754

>>> word-art@myway.com 8/25/2004 11:36:38 AM >>>

"Something new to check out at the mall: library books"
By Barbara Lloyd McMichael | Contributor to The Christian Science
Monitor
My worlds collided today during my regular check of retail news.
Thought this might be of interest. Full article at:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0823/p12s02-ussc.htmlDunn Miller
(Keyser Marston Associates, Real Estate Consulting)

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.