Re: SLA-SF: CD/DVD Storage

From: Trudy Levy (Trudy@dig-mar.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 12:46:07 PST

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:46:07 -0800
Subject: Re: SLA-SF: CD/DVD Storage
From: Trudy Levy <Trudy@dig-mar.com>

Bonnie -
Never saw a response to this question on list, but yes there are CD
Jukeboxes, but transferring them to a server would be less expensive.
Servers (drives) can be protected from total access on a network. They are a
better storage device for access, digital preservation and back up. If you
are not permitted to transfer the data, then check out
Sony
The suggested list price for either the CDL1100-22N bundled with the
SmartStor software or the CDL1100-23M bundled with the Miles Apart software
is $3,639. Both solutions are currently shipping and come with Sony's award
winning, all hours, free technical customer service and a one-year limited
warranty.

or

http://www.kintronics.com/jukebox.html

--

Trudy Levy Consultant for Digital Imaging Projects

Image Integration 415 750 1274 http://www.DIG-Mar.com Membership Chair, Visual Resources Association http://vraweb.org Images are information - Manage them