RE: SLA-SF: More than a Game - the Art of Baseball March 31- April 30

From: Library (Library@KVN.com)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 10:14:55 PDT

Subject: RE: SLA-SF: More than a Game - the Art of Baseball  March 31- April 30
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:14:55 -0700
From: "Library" <Library@KVN.com>

Thanks for the reminder about this exhibit, Marlene. Yes, indeedy, go A's & Giants!

When my partner and I visited the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, they also had a great exhibit of baseball-related art. What a terrific museum. And the HOF's library really is special!

The Hall has a wonderful traveling exhibit, Baseball as America, http://www.baseballasamerica.org/, which displays many items from their collection. We saw it in New York City in 2002 and in September it will be here in Oakland. If you have any interest at all in baseball or on the effect of sports on American culture (and vice versa), this is a must see!

Paula Lichtenberg, Librarian
Keker & Van Nest LLP, San Francisco