Is your copy safe?

From: Lormand, Saundra (sklorma@sandia.gov)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 16:42:44 PDT

Subject: Is your copy safe?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:42:44 -0600
From: "Lormand, Saundra" <sklorma@sandia.gov>

 An update....................

-----Original Message-----
From: ELDNET-L-owner@u.washington.edu
[mailto:ELDNET-L-owner@u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Mary C. Schlembach
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 1:21 PM
To: eldnet-l@u.washington.edu

Well, we had/have 2 copies. The Engineering Library's copy was already
gone by the time we got there. I contacted our Main Stacks and they
were able to get their bound volume out before anything happened to
that.

Interesting thing, when we started searching for our volume, a staff
member reported seeing a student talking on his cell phone and looking
specifically for the same title/year.

I've asked our Director of Collections about notifying EBay or the
appropriate Intel people to let them know anything they receive from
UIUC is stolen property.

Just remember all the people who think working in libraries is boring.

-m

Mary C. Schlembach
Assistant Engineering Librarian
154 Grainger Engineering Library