Re: SLA-SF: 12 year old in SF

From: Patricia A. Kreitz (pkreitz@slac.stanford.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 16:57:12 PDT

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:57:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Patricia A. Kreitz" <pkreitz@slac.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: SLA-SF: 12 year old in SF

What I find (mine are now 17 and 14) is that a little passive sightseeing
goes a long way. Going somewhere to actively do something (even if it's
eating or shopping) works better. Is she used to an ocean, to mountains,
to TALL trees? If not, then sightseeing that includes those are good but
maybe just one day. I think the suggestion about mudbaths is really cool
but you should call, ahead, for example to Dr. Wilkinson's (one of the
oldest with great warm mineral swimming pools)
ttp://www.napavalley.com/cgi-bin/new_mont_frame.cgi?return=www.napavalley.com/regions/calistoga/spas.html&target=www.drwilkinson.com
to see if 12 year olds are an ok age for the heat of a mud bath.
--Pat (mother of two very easily bored teenagers now!)