Volunteer at the Association level

From: Chris Orr (christineorr@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 14:43:55 PDT

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:43:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
From: Chris Orr <christineorr@mindspring.com>
Subject: Volunteer at the Association level

This is from SLA President Pam Rollo about the new task forces at the Association level that you can participate in this year:

SLA Task Forces for 2005-200
Presidents of SLA often ask members to become involved in ad hoc investigations into subject matter and topics that are highly relevant to the profession and its needs. Typically, these task forces are created to address the strategic implications of challenges and opportunities facing SLA, its members, and the information profession at large.

In June 2005, I called for the continuation of two existing task forces that were created by Ethel Salonen, SLA Past President. Additionally, I called for the formation of six new task forces designed to address a range of needs, challenges and opportunities.

Why are we forming these task forces?

Explore creation of selected research projects to promote the value of the profession and to provide members with useful data
Develop new avenues for career growth
Identify new partners that can drive new value for SLA
Analyze the chapter experience and options for enhancement
Evaluate the best methods for recognizing the best of the profession
To improve recruitment efforts to the profession and to SLA
Are you interested in participating?

If you are interested in serving, please contact me, Pam Rollo, by phone (1.212.592.7220) or email (prollo@nypl.org).

You can see more on the task forces at:
http://www.sla.org/content/community/committe/taskforces0506.cfm