Re: SLA-SF: Archiving a blueprint

From: Trudy Levy (Trudy@dig-mar.com)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 15:32:06 PST

Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 15:32:06 -0800
Subject: Re: SLA-SF: Archiving a blueprint
From: Trudy Levy <Trudy@dig-mar.com>

From my experience in an Architectıs office, the crucial thing is to keep
them away from light of any kind. Blueprints stored in flat files had a
shorter life span than those rolled in tubes. They are easier to work with
which is why they would be kept flat, but also discolored within a year.
Prints should be rolled on a tube tightly and then finished with a piece of
paper inserted at the end and continued to roll. You then fasten that piece
of paper with tape to itself. Sometimes that piece of paper is large enough
to totally cover the prints. BPS should have returned them to youin this
fashion or anyone who works in your print room can show you how. We usually
then also put them in a storage tube with a lid. Blueprints are really not
archival material.
Drawings are another story.

Glad BPS could do the job for you.

Trudy

--

Trudy Levy Consultant for Digital Imaging Projects

Image Integration 415 750 1274 http://www.DIG-Mar.com Membership Chair, Visual Resources Association http://vraweb.org Images are information - Manage them